What personally identifiable information does ancora education collect from me?
What non-personally identifiable information does ancora education collect from me?
- Remind us of who you are and to access your information (stored on our computers) in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service. For example, a cookie is set when you register or “Sign In” and is modified when you “Sign Out” of our services.
- Automate certain areas of the Ancora Education web sites or online forms.
- Estimate our audience size. Each browser accessing the Ancora Education website is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage, usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user, and to help target advertisements based on user interests and behavior.
- Measure certain traffic patterns, which areas of the Ancora Education web site you have visited, and your visiting patterns in the aggregate. We use this research to understand how our users’ habits are similar or different from one another so that we can make each new experience on the Ancora Education website a better one. We may use this information to better personalize the content and promotions that you and other users will see on our sites.
For some of the reasons listed above Ancora Education does tie Personally information such as your email address to our cookies, for instance if you register to access certain areas of our website.
You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. Please refer to your browser’s help section for further information about your options for controlling or monitoring cookies. However, some parts of the Site may not function properly if you choose not to accept cookies.
We and third parties employ on our sites a software technology called Web Beacons, that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Web Beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Web Beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web Beacons generally work in conjunction with cookies, registering when a particular computer visits a particular page. We tie the information gathered by Web Beacons to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
We also use Web Beacons in outgoing HTML-based emails to track success of marketing efforts, so we can improve our systems. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you do not want to receive Web Beacons in emails you can opt-out of these emails or change the type of email you receive to text only.
Internet Protocol (IP) Address
Click Through URLS
Domain Name Tracking
When you visit the Site, we automatically record the name of the domain from which you accessed the Site. Additionally, if you got to the Site by means of a link from another site, our computers will note the fact that you came to us from that linked site.
How does ancora education use my information?
Ancora Education’s primary goal in collecting information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on our Site, and to service your request. This includes personalization services and interactive communications.
We will not sell, rent or lease your Personal information to others. In addition to the uses described above, we may collect, use and disclose Personal information and Aggregate information (collectively “User information”) for the following purposes:
- to determine your admissibility and to register you for your selected educational programs
- to provide requested products and services
- to respond to your inquiries
- to administer promotions to which you have indicated an interest
- for our internal marketing purposes, which includes, but is not limited to, sending you material about products, services, updates, etc. that we think may be of interest to you
- for fostering communication and collaboration among members of the Ancora Education community through Social Networks
- for sharing with our Service Providers and Affiliates who are performing services on our behalf
- to analyze how Sites and services are being accessed and use
- to improve Site and service performance and delivery
- to analyze academic and learning outcomes and preferences
- to analyze risk and business results
- to obtain payment for services that we provide to you
- to maintain business records for reasonable periods
- to provide to third parties in connection with the contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, acquisition, financing, securitization, insuring, sale or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed with such transaction or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to such parties. In the event of any actual reorganization, merger, or acquisition such information may be transferred as part of the transaction to the acquirer
- and/or as may be required or permitted by legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit, or security requirements applicable to Ancora Education, our Service Providers or Affiliates.
Updating/Accessing/Amending/Correcting Personally Identifiable information
If your personally identifiable information changes, you may correct it by contacting us with your new contact information at email@example.com.
Ancora Education respects your communication preferences and our desire is to provide you the information you desire in the format that works best for you and your family. To opt-out from further marketing communications from any of our campuses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 866-676-8552. Students who are currently enrolled may not opt-out of receiving email or telephone communications.
Surveys or Contests
From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our site. If you participate, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code).
We use information collected to monitor company efforts to reach our target audience, as well as to understand how our audience perceives these efforts.
We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
with whom does ancora education share my information?
We occasionally use third parties hired to perform services on our behalf, including but not limited to, providing marketing assistance, sending direct mail or email, website or database hosting companies, e-mail service providers, analytics companies, and third party call centers (“Service Providers”). Unless otherwise stated, these companies are prohibited from using your Personal information for beyond what is necessary for them to assist us.
In the event Ancora Education goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your User information will likely be among the assets transferred. Similarly, your User information may be passed on to a successor in interest in the event of a reorganization, reconstruction, liquidation, bankruptcy or administration.
Legal Disclaimer Concerning Subpoenas And Other Matters.
Some Personal information is disclosed as a matter of course as a result of the users’ use of the Site or third party applications and websites. Any personal information shared via any mobile application or on another website (such as Facebook, YouTube, Google+ or Twitter) may become public information. We cannot control the use of information disclosed in public forums, such as social media sites, bulletin boards, blogs, chat rooms, and networking functions of mobile applications. You should exercise caution when disclosing information in these public areas, especially your Location-Data, and be careful how you disclose your Personal information. Content posted in public areas of our mobile applications and social media pages, including advice and opinions, represents the views and is the responsibility of those who post the content. We do not necessarily endorse, support, verify, or agree with the content posted. If you have any questions or comments about any content on our social media pages please contact us at the address below.
Users assume all responsibility for any loss of privacy or other harm resulting from their own voluntary disclosure of personal information in public forums.
Links to other sites
What else should i know about my privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online – for example on message boards, through email, or in instant message or chat areas – that this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Ancora Education cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.
Changes in this privacy statement
If we decide to change our privacy practices, we will post those changes to this privacy statement, the home page, and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it often if you have any questions or concerns.